Each month we profile one of the many talented cabinetry dealers that we have the pleasure to do business with. This month I am pleased to profile one of our top Pennsylvania Cabinetry Dealers – Hinkle Custom Cabinets, located in Birdsboro, PA as our monthly Kountry Kraft Dealer Profile.
After 26 years of working in every phase of the custom cabinet industry, Mike Hinkle decided to create his own business and Hinkle Custom Cabinets was born. Hinkle is one of our most highly skilled Pennsylvania cabinetry dealers, and they create amazing quality custom cabinetry for any room in your home. We love their work so much we invited them to create the display pictured here for our showroom at 101 Lancaster Avenue in Devon PA. Stop by our showroom to see custom craftsmanship first hand!
In This Design
- This transitional style kitchen featured in our showroom features perimeter cabinets with our beaded inset cabinet style, door style CRP10, an OGEE framing bead and drawer style Louis XIII. They have a painted finish and are glazed with a Sable glaze.
- The island is weathered grain quartersawn white oak finished in Silverfox stain with Black glaze.
- The kitchen island cabinets feature a different stain color than the perimeter cabinets to help draw attention to the island, making it the key statement in the kitchen. The stain colors, although different, sync to create an overall distinguished appearance. This unique island incorporates a table and seating options, making it a great place to prep as well as serve to a small group.
- The kitchen cabinets also feature many different accessories, highlighting the organizational possibilities available in a well-designed Kountry Kraft Kitchen. A divided drawer located right below the cook top offers storage for pots, pans and lids, keeping them right at your fingertips. A pullout spice rack is located adjacent to the stove as well, enabling you to easily access spices while you cook. An assortment of pantry solutions from Hafele help keep the interiors of the cabinets functional and organized.
Hinkle Custom Cabinets makes beautiful cabinetry solutions that their customers love. If you live in their area and are looking for Pennsylvania cabinetry dealers, call Mike at (610) 404-1840, and please let them know we sent you! If you don’t live in the Birdsboro area, search for a Kountry Kraft dealer near you on our dealer locator.
I am thrilled to introduce my blog readers to the Textural Cabinetry™ Line, a new line of wood laminate cabinets now available at Kountry Kraft. This innovative line of wood laminate kitchen cabinets features textured laminate panels, and offers a choice of 22 textured options in three door styles. One of the benefits of our Textural Cabinetry™ laminate cabinets vs wood is that the realistic wood grain panels complement smooth surfaces such as stainless steel kitchen appliances. The resulting finish is unlike any laminate cabinets available on the market today.
Textural Cabinetry™ door panels can be crafted with matching cabinet boxes front to back or you can choose to enhance the look with complimentary laminate cabinet doors. The finished product is in line with all the current trends in custom cabinetry, and creates a beautiful, polished appearance to compliment any kitchen style. For a more budget minded cabinet, customer can choose Textural Cabinetry™ door panels with a melamine cabinet box.
Shown in the photos below are six examples of the twenty-two textured panels offered, each stylistically different to provide a range of design solutions. Each creates a unique design effect when coupled with the three available door styles, offering kitchen designers new design options to choose from. Initial feedback from our dealer network has been overwhelmingly positive. Roger Yiengst, Sales Manager at Kountry Kraft states “We are excited about this new line that provides designers with an authentic wood look, the consistency of laminate and two price points to fit any budget.”
Examples of Textural Cabinetry™ Wood Laminate Cabinets
Kountry Kraft is known for their legacy of craftsmanship and consistent eight week lead time. This new line of wood laminate storage cabinets can also be ordered with linear custom range hoods and select millwork products. Our customer service team is available to answer all of your questions about this new line, and to help you get started on your Textural Cabinetry™ order today. Visit our Houzz page for inspiration for your next cabinetry order today.
At Kountry Kraft we offer a lifetime custom cabinet warranty on our cabinetry and the worksmanship of our products. We have been handcrafting high quality custom cabinetry for more than 50 years, and our products are widely known for skilled craftsmanship and impeccable service. We take great pride in every custom kitchen cabinetry and custom bathroom cabinetr
y order we produce – and we back up our work with a serious warranty that demonstrates our commitment to the products we produce.
Our warranty guarantees that we will repair or exchange any of our cabinetry under normal home use as long as the original purchaser owns the products and they remain at the original site of installation. Not many cabinetry companies offer such a comprehensive custom cabinetry warranty – but it is just one of the many steps we take to provide the utmost in service to our valued customers. If a customer contacts us regarding a problem with their cabinetry, we send one of our trained craftsman to evaluate the problem and recommend a repair or replacement. It isn’t uncommon for our President Elvin Hurst, Jr. to make a warranty house call himself.
It isn’t uncommon to find a 25 year old kitchen still well equipped with Kountry Kraft cabinetry in excellent condition. Our skilled craftsmen are incredibly good at what they do – with over 1500 years of collective experience producing custom cabinetry they know the ins and outs of their craft. They take pride in every order they produce, and never compromise on quality.
At Kountry Kraft, quality custom cabinetry isn’t just our job – it’s our family heritage. We are a second generation, family-owned business, and we invest our reputation in the products we produce. We have a strong commitment to uphold our family legacy of quality and excellent service and back that commitment up with a lifetime custom cabinetry warranty. We invite you to experience the Kountry Kraft difference. Follow us on Houzz.
There are many different options you can choose from when building a custom bar for your home. The custom bar you choose should be inviting to guests, should create an easy workflow, and should go with the feel of the rest of the room. The most important thing to remember when choosing the type of bar is that you want everything to be easily accessible to you or the person pouring and mixing the drinks.
When choosing the layout of your custom bar, you want to make sure that everything you would need to create a drink has a space in your bar. A glass rack and wine rack can be added to any cabinetry to give you extra storage for glasses and bottles.
Custom Bar Types
There are two different types of bars you can choose when creating your custom bar:
A wet bar includes a sink with running water and plumbing. Because of the added sink, it is sufficient in increasing the rate you can create drinks. It is ideal for entertaining bigger parties. This bar will give you plenty of counter space to prepare ingredients and it will give you optimum storage for everything you need.
Include the following items for the ultimate bar experience:
- Beer Tap
- Ice Machine
- Integrated Sound System
A dry bar does not include a sink. A dry bar is pretty basic – providing a standard beer/ soda serving area. A dry bar can include storage space, glass space, and a mini fridge. However, the space on a dry bar is not as open as a wet bar so your prep area is going to be a bit smaller. You want to put your dry bar somewhere that is easily accessible to where you entertain the most. This bar is extremely convenient for pouring and storing wine, storing glasses, and pouring simple drinks.
Ultimately when designing your custom bar, you want it to be something that you love. You want the bar to work with your lifestyle and be completely accessible to you. Check out some styles of wet and dry bar choices and ideas on our Houzz page.
Kountry Kraft Custom Cabinetry is built with careful attention to detail, and by caring for them with our simple cabinet cleaning tips your cabinetry will add value to your home for many years to come. The number one question homeowners ask when we complete the installation of their new cabinetry is how to keep kitchen cabinets clean, and they are always surprised by our answer. They believe they need a special cleaning solution for kitchen cabinets or a homemade DIY kitchen cabinet cleaner, but that simply is not the case.
Customers are surprised when we tell them that we do not recommend any specific cabinet cleaning products besides a soft cloth and water with a mild detergent. We provide new customers with a list of ten simple cabinet cleaning tips to protect their cabinetry, and if these techniques are employed regularly, they prevent damage to your cabinets, and will assure you years of beautiful, functional use.
10 Simple Cabinet Cleaning Tips
- Wipe up spills, splatters and water spots as they occur – keep the cabinets dry.
- Clean as needed with a soft, lint free cloth. Use a mild detergent or soap and warm water.
- Dry surfaces immediately with a soft cloth.
- Avoid using a dishcloth or sponge – it could contain remnants of grease or detergents.
- Do not use products with bleach, ammonia or abrasive additives.
- Never use scouring pads, steel wool or powdered cleaners.
- Do not allow oven cleaners to come in contact with wood finishes.
- Avoid placing small kitchen appliances where heat is directed onto cabinet surfaces.
- Avoid draping damp cloths or dishtowels over cabinet doors – excessive moisture can cause permanent damage.
- Do not use waxes or polishes.
Laminate vs. Wood
If you have recently upgraded from laminate cabinetry to custom made wood cabinetry, it’s especially important to note that there are important differences in care. If you use the same cabinet cleaning tips on wood that you previously used on laminate, you may damage the rich patina that solid wood provides.
- Never use a low-abrasive brush or clean sponge on laminate cabinetry – this is a common way to remove stains on a laminate surfaces, but will cause irreparable damage to solid wood.
- Never use an abrasive cleanser such as baking soda or detergent on solid wood cabinetry. This technique may work on laminates, but choose plain water or soap water with a gentle cleanser to clean your custom wood cabinetry.
- Removing stains from laminate cabinetry sometimes calls for all-purpose cleansers. Using an all-purpose cleanser on solid wood cabinetry may remove the finish and damage the wood.
You’ve taken the time and the resources to invest in classic, high quality wood cabinetry – why shorten its lifespan with neglect or misuse? Follow these simple tips anytime you wonder how to freshen wood kitchen cabinets or how to clean cabinet doors, and you will protect your investment in custom cabinetry for many years to come. For cabinet designs, view our gallery and follow us on Houzz.