In this month’s cabinet dealer profile we are pleased to introduce the talented team at Bradford Design in Bethesda, MD. Once referred to as one of Washington’s best kept secrets, Bradford Design has repeatedly been recognized as a distinguished design firm providing innovative and original designs to residents of the Washington DC metro and Chesapeake Bay areas, but they also have a wide customer base including customers that come from as far as Southern California. Their distinguished designs are a truly imaginative, beautiful and unique addition to any home and we are proud to have them as a Kountry Kraft cabinet dealer.
The team at Bradford Design can create beautiful wood cabinetry and built-in designs for every room in your home, and they incorporate other materials such as stone, metal and tile to build truly one-of-a-kind designs. They focus on the use of clean palettes and innovative ideas, and work hard to stay ahead of the trends to create designs that will withstand the test of time. Their design specialties include kitchens, bathrooms, pantries, bars, fireplace mantles, wine cellars, media centers and outdoor structures such as furniture, pavilions, gazebos and arbors.
Of their own designs, Bradford says “True innovation requires unconstrained creativity. The Bradford Design product is created with a totally open mind free of design limitations. Custom details, coupled with an artistic vision for the room’s appearance are what distinguish a project. If your vision for a room is unique to your personal tastes and style of living, then you should consider the Bradford Kitchen.”
Bradford Design projects have been featured frequently in magazines such as the Washingtonian, Chesapeake Home Magazine, and Better Homes and Gardens Beautiful Kitchens and Baths magazines. Their solid base of highly satisfied customers are a strong indication that you can trust your next custom cabinetry project to the design team at Bradford Design. If you are looking for a cabinet dealer in the Bethesda, MD area, visit bradforddesignllc.com for more information and to view more of their unique designs.
We are proud of our vast network of cabinet dealers around the country – their skill at custom cabinetry design showcases the potential of the Kountry Kraft line. If you don’t leave near Bradford Design and are looking for a cabinet dealer near you, you can find a long list of Kountry Kraft dealers on the dealer locator on our website.
If there is one thing that relaxes me it is being in the kitchen. The kitchen is like the holy grail of the house. However, nothing is more frustrating than a kitchen layout that is difficult to maneuver around. You have to grab your eggs and milk from the refrigerator, which is on the opposite end of the kitchen from the mixers and the oven. Frustrating, right? The only way to fix this frustration is to change the kitchen layout to suit your space and have a better workflow. Listed below are four types of kitchen plans to create the perfect kitchen layout for your lifestyle.
Perfect Kitchen Layout Options
First is the galley kitchen layout. If there is not much room in your house, this kitchen layout is the best option for you. A galley kitchen includes two countertops, parallel to each other, to make the entire kitchen easily accessible. This layout is the best use of limited space. If choosing this layout, you want to select light colors to create the illusion of open space.
Next is the U-shaped kitchen layout. The U-shaped layout is an ideal look for opening up floor space. It features three walls, which are lined with countertops, appliances, and cabinetry. When choosing this layout, homeowners should place their busiest appliances into a triangular workspace. There are many benefits to this kitchen layout, including a lot of counter space, and the ability to support a kitchen island.
The L-Shaped kitchen layout creates the feel of an open floor plan with two walls perpendicular to each other. This layout is perfect if you have more than one cook in the house. If eating space is what you are looking for, this layout is perfect for you! You can add an island to the center, or a table to accommodate your guests while you cook.
Finally, the single wall layout is typically found in small homes, because it works by keeping all appliances and ingredients in the same area with little reach and takes up as little space as possible. This design has countertops on both sides of the range oven. When choosing this layout, your best option would be to choose compact appliances to add extra counter space. This kitchen layout is ideal for loft and studio homes or apartments.
While these are not the only kitchen layouts you can choose from, these are the four most basic options. Deciding which layout to choose is going to be based off of a few things, including budget, how much storage space you will need, and how often or how many people you tend to entertain. Remember to take all of these into consideration, and LOVE the kitchen you choose. If none of these are to your liking, check out these other kitchen layouts we love.
Installing new functional kitchens is a great way to make an investment in your home. A new kitchen that suits our lifestyle is a great way to simplify your life. But beneath the beauty of it all, the reason a kitchen improves our lives is it’s functionality. At Kountry Kraft we know how to build truly functional kitchens.
Overall, we pride ourselves in having a talented network of dealers who can assess a homeowners needs to build kitchens that are a masterpiece in functionality. A key to creating functional kitchens is the use of accessories that optimize space. Because today’s kitchens are used in a variety of ways – they may need to house everything from the family computer to a laundry center. For this reason we offer a wide variety of accessories to suit every need.
Accessories to enhance functional kitchens:
- Maximize a small space with a base pull-out storage cabinet. These cabinets can be tucked conveniently next to your stove or sink to allow easy access to frequently used items.
- Pull out wicker baskets make an attractive addition to your kitchen space and are a great way to store items such as potatoes and onions.
- Spices take up valuable cabinet space, but we offer unique spice storage options such as spice drawers, wooden spice racks fitted inside a cabinet door, and combination knife and spice drawers.
- Conveniently store knives off the counter with a knife drawer designed to protect blades and fingers.
- Double level cutlery drawers allow you to organize your cutlery and other kitchen utensils neatly for ease of use.
- Store your cutting board out of the way to free up counter space with a pull out cutting board integrated into your cabinetry.
- Storage of baking trays just got easier with slotted tray base cabinets that can hold everything from cookie sheets to pizza pans. They provide easy access any time, and a combination storage cabinet can allow you to utilize unused space for such items as lids that clutter up your pot storage areas.
- Adding a food file rack to your pantry door places items you use frequently right on the door – and makes use of space
- Store your bread neatly in a bread drawer with partitions.
- Utilize often-wasted space in front of your sink with a tilt out tray to keep store unsightly sponges.
- Hide trash out of the way and away from pets with a slide away waste container.
- Pull out towel racks allow your kitchen towels to hang neatly out of sight to dry between uses.
Start living the good life today. Transform your home into an expression of your personal taste and desire for elegance. Kountry Kraft will guide you every step of the way. Follow us on Houzz to see photography of more of our custom cabinetry accessories. Find a Kountry Kraft dealer near you and begin planning a more functional kitchen today.
Home entertainment cabinetry is a great idea for any home. Because many people choose to stay at home for family entertainment, or choose to entertain gu
ests in the comfort of their own home, having a custom
entertainment area with home entertainment cabinetry is a great investment in your home. Entertaining at home takes space, and finding room to store your Blu-ray collection, AV equipment and family games is often a challenge, and can cause a clutter problem in your home. At Kountry Kraft we can create home entertainment cabinetry to clear the clutter and enhance the fun.
Developing entertainment areas in your home by adding home entertainment cabinetry is a great way to enhance your family’s together time, create memories and build a place to unwind and relax. Home theaters with built-in entertainment centers are a great addition to any room in your home. Recreation space allows you to invite friends and family to gather to watch a movie, play games, or have a party – the possibilities for your new entertainment area are endless.
Custom entertainment centers for your home theater also help reduce the stress caused by clutter in your home. Piles of movies stacked on your entertainment unit or crammed in every corner of your home creates an unsightly mess – and makes it hard to find what you need. Home entertainment cabinetry organizes the mess and create a unique space to relax and enjoy family and friends. And with custom cabinetry every corner of your home can carry your style and express your individuality, while providing functionality and storage.
Home entertainment cabinetry considerations:
- What is the primary leisure activity of your family? Who will be the primary users of this space?
- Do you entertain large groups? Do you need a separate home theater room or can you integrate your entertainment area into an existing family or play room?
- How much space do you have to devote? Do you need to maximize storage, or maximize entertainment space?
- How long will the space you’re planning fit the needs of your family? Make sure the area you’re planning will have longevity or be a flexible space that can evolve as your family evolves.
Custom cabinetry isn’t just for kitchens – consider adding home entertainment cabinetry to enhance the functionality of your home. Contact a Kountry Kraft dealer near you that can help you start planning your entertainment space today.