Custom cabinet care is simple, fast and requires no dangerous chemicals or treatments. If you practice these basic care tips you will enjoy the look of your cabinetry for years to come.
Cabinet Care Tips
Going from laminate cabinetry to solid wood will impact the difference in the way you care for your cabinets. Use these cabinet care techniques to protect the rich patina that solid wood provides.
- Do not use products with bleach, ammonia or abrasive additives
- Avoid draping damp cloths or dishtowels over cabinet doors – excessive moisture can cause permanent damage, dry surfaces immediately with a soft cloth
- Never use scouring pads, steel wool or powdered cleaners
- Avoid placing small kitchen appliances where heat is directed onto cabinet surfaces
- Do not use all-purpose cleaners – may remove the finish and damage wood
- Avoid using a dishcloth or sponge- it could contain remnants of grease or detergents
To ensure your cabinetry stays just as beautiful as the day you got it:
- Wipe up spills and water spots to always keep the cabinetry dry
- Clean your cabinets with a soft, lint free cloth
- Use dish soap and warm water to remove grease and fingerprints
- Vinegar can be used to remove sticky films
- Baking soda and water can remove buildup and stubborn stains
When using these cabinet care tips regularly, your cabinets will assure years of beautiful, functional use. You’ve taken the time and the resources to invest in classic, high quality cabinetry – why shorten its lifespan with neglect or misuse? If you have any more questions on cabinet care visit our Care and Cleaning page or Contact Us!