Beat the heat this summer with these delicious outdoor kitchen recipes. These meals are perfect for eating al fresco or in the comfort of your kitchen.
Sheet Pan Chili Lime Salmon
This recipe by Cafe Delites puts a flavorful twist on classic salmon recipes. The perfect combination of spice and citrus, this dish is flavorful, fast, and easy to make in your outdoor kitchen or inside!
½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice (or juice of 2 limes)
¼ cup fresh chopped parsley
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon minced garlic (or 4 crushed garlic cloves)
1½ teaspoons red chili flakes (adjust to your preference of spice)
1 teaspoon ground Cumin
1½ teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon honey
4 salmon fillets (wild caught if possible)
1 red bell pepper (capsicum), deseeded and chopped
1 green bell pepper (capsicum), deseeded and chopped
1 yellow bell pepper (capsicum), deseeded and chopped
1 onion, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to grill/broil settings on high heat. Spray a baking sheet tray with cooking oil spray; set aside.
- Whisk lime juice, parsley, olive oil, water, garlic, chili flakes, cumin, salt and parsley together to combine. Add the honey and whisk again until the honey runs smooth through the rest of the ingredients. Arrange the salmon fillets, peppers and onion in a single layer on the prepared baking tray; and pour over half of the marinade. Toss peppers and onion to coat; and rotate the salmon to coat in the marinade.
Broil / grill until the peppers are just beginning to char at the edges (about 10 minutes) and the salmon is cooked to your liking (about 10 minutes). Remove from the oven and serve immediately with lime wedges and remaining marinade for added flavor. (If the peppers are not done to your liking, simply transfer the salmon to a plate and return peppers to the oven until roasted to your liking).
Herbed Lemon Garlic Chicken Skewers
Under 400 calories, this summer meal by The Recipe Critic is easy and delicious. This dish combines fresh lemon, herbs, and garlic to create the perfect summer skewers.
1½ tablespoons finely minced garlic
1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
½ cup minced fresh herbs, I used a mix of basil, rosemary and oregano
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 medium zucchini, cut into ½ inch slices
1 large red bell pepper, cut into ¾ inch squares
1 medium red onion, cut into wedges and then ¾ inch squares
1¼ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
1 lemon cut into wedges for serving
- In a small bowl combine garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, herbs, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Set aside.
- Place cut vegetables in a zip lock bag and add 3 tablespoons of the herb marinade. Toss to coat. Place chicken in separate bag and add remaining marinade and toss to coat. Let sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes and up to 4-6 hours.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Thread the skewers alternating with meat and vegetables. Lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill for 3-4 minutes and then flip. Continue to cook and flip when necessary until the chicken is cooked through to 165 degrees.
- Serve with lemon wedges and squeeze on top.
These summer recipes are sure to please guests during your summertime dinner parties. Check out our inspirations page for ideas to create your outdoor kitchen! Stay tuned for more of our favorite outdoor kitchen recipes. Follow us on Facebook to keep up with our latest events in and out of the shop!